Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FIFA 2014 World Cup version (suggestions)

+4
Dafling
ultrapro
ShineXXX
GaDo1
8 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

FIFA 2014 World Cup version (suggestions) Empty FIFA 2014 World Cup version (suggestions)

Post by GaDo1 Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:52 pm

I'm initiating this.
We need a World cup 2014 version. (Maybe this could even be our official map afterwards.)
Post your suggestions to what the map needs below.

My suggestions:

- Time = 10 Minutes (DEFAULT) | Instead of voting for the time, it should be obvious that 10 minutes is the appropriate time for our games. This could also prevent 5-minute games, because someone forgot to vote.

- Switching/Swapping with players who have left | This is really a problem once 2 or more people from one team leave and you have to remake, because its a 2v4, 1v3 etc. It would also help in making balanced teams, while still in-game if a key player has left from a team, which makes the current teams in that game unbalanced.

- Updated / New Player names | Some of the names are outdated and could be replaced with new ones. It would also make sense if the names were from the national teams participating in the 2014 edition.

- Team Selection/Voting | It would be fun to be able to play as a national team participating, rather than Team Peasants/Peons since this is a special version. Introducing voting for what team to play, instead of how much time each half will take would be more entertaining and interesting. Of course, both teams should have their own voting, so that you can't vote for another team's "team".
This also goes back to the suggestion about new player names.. If you choose a national team, everyone in your team should get player names from the team you chose, not random ones that are not connected to the team at all. I haven't thought about if you should be able to choose your own player aswell, as you could see 2-3 of the same player on one team. Maybe have 5 key player names from each national team, from which you can get randomly.
Ex. Spain - Iniesta, Xavi, Villa, Pique, Ramos.
And you will get one of these randomly, if you chose Spain.
Also, maybe it would be fun to add a "legend" player for each team, that you also have a chance of getting.
Ex. France - Zidane / Argentina - Maradona

- ZXCV to QWER, or vice versa. | Many of our players also play League of Legends or other games where the main 4 keys are QWER and this might confuse some of them or new players who have played games with QWER as the default hotkeys. I think you should be able to type a command, like -qwer to get your default hotkeys to be QWER instead of ZXCV. (Maybe also have this as a text that comes up in the start, so players will know that they can change the default hotkeys.)

This is all I could come up with for now.
Please, post below suggestions that you think will fit this version!

Last edited by GaDo1 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

GaDo1

Back to top Go down

FIFA 2014 World Cup version (suggestions) Empty Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup version (suggestions)

Post by ShineXXX Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:36 pm

yea a map for the world cup in brazil would definately attract more people to play this game.

i like all these ideas. As i remember we once have already argued about such ideas like picking national teams at the start.

i think we will also need a new loading screen then...

and maybe we should put something else on the map that creates a brazilian atmosphere... maybe brazilian SAMBA music? xD
Dunno... or real audience watching the game (peons / peasants in jerseys and/or with flags... whatever)?
ShineXXX
ShineXXX

Back to top Go down

FIFA 2014 World Cup version (suggestions) Empty Re: FIFA 2014 World Cup version (suggestions)

Post by ShineXXX Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:55 pm

i just had a great idea for youtube! As soon as we have such a world cup version, we could imitate the real matches of the world cup as a prognosis. We would get many clicks probably cuz the attention on the world cup will be high.
ShineXXX
ShineXXX

Back to top Go down

Post by ultrapro Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:15 pm

Haha Shine spits out "brazil music".
We need some tutorial videos to be done till summer so it will be easier to attract newbies.

Hm! I've alrdy spoken my mind so let me say smg I'ven't said before.
To make LOADS OF TIPS like
"Z - short pass"
"X - kick"
"C - long pass"
"V - heading"
"You can see Zoom Out item, press it 5-6 times" - newbies play much better with it.
"When using C, click as far as its possible with your zoom"
"when heading Long Pass in opponent's zone, you most defenitely score the goal"
"Check YouTube to see how to play this game"
"check our channel 'clan foot' or join our warcraft soccer garena clan to rush into this game"
and something sympathetic like "this game isn't very friendly with newbies, but for pros these skills are a very strong tool"

Newbie Mode by default:
->Slower ball<
->Less difference between players' speeds when possessing the ball<
->Slower keeper<
->Larger area of control<

And of course some shine's sambo to choose Very Happy

ultrapro

http://infobar.hsdn.org/ru/image/240x15.gif

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafling Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:21 pm

I had this in mind: let peasants choose among 3 teams (eg. Germany England Russia), and peons - 3 more teams (Brazil, Spain, Netherlands).

*Some more ideas:
>>National t-shirts would be awesome, but I'm no modeller.
>>Loading screen - wcup logo, from google search
>>Background song, We Are One (Ole Ola) [The Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Song]?

Dafling

Back to top Go down

Post by GaDo1 Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:42 pm

Great ideas everyone! Keep it coming!

( I had this in mind: let peasants choose among 3 teams (eg. Germany England Russia), and peons - 3 more teams (Brazil, Spain, Netherlands). )

Sounds great! Maybe we vote on the teams that can be selected aswell or?
Is Vladimir still alive? We could try asking him if he's up for making the t-shirts.

GaDo1

Back to top Go down

Post by ultrapro Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:18 pm

we can make orange(NL) team, red(SU) team, white(DE) team etc.

ultrapro

http://infobar.hsdn.org/ru/image/240x15.gif

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineXXX Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:35 pm

i still have vladimirs skype contact. So i could ask him for shirt models.

also i could create an individual loading screen for our map. I can use my photoshop skills for it Wink
tell me what size (height, width) it should be!

heres an example i just created:
FIFA 2014 World Cup version (suggestions) Loadin12
ShineXXX
ShineXXX

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafling Thu May 01, 2014 10:46 am

Loading screen should be 1024x768 or 800x600. For better quality use 1024x768.

There is one more important loadscreen that has to be updated, it shows up on epicwar - click here to see
It still links to our old website, clangol.clanwhis.com which is obsolete. U know what, we should also make a world cup styled image for it, the size should be 256x256, perhaps 2014 FIFA world cup official emblem.

I'm working on the version, as of right now there are 2 teams - Netherlands (peasants) and Spain (peons). I chose them because they are in the same group and will be playing each other as early as group stage. Also they were finalists in 2010, so it makes even more sense.

I took player names for netherlands and spain from here: Spain current squad, and Netherlands current squad. I only used players who have at least 10 caps (appearances in national matches)

Dafling

Back to top Go down

Post by GaDo1 Thu May 01, 2014 11:48 am

(I took player names for netherlands and spain from here: Spain current squad, and Netherlands current squad. I only used players who have at least 10 caps (appearances in national matches)

Did you take all of the players who have more than 10 caps or just some?

Really nice to see that you are working on it, if there's anything else you need help with, please let us know here.
Keep up the good work!

GaDo1

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineXXX Thu May 01, 2014 1:16 pm

yea nice morgan. But i think as the host of this world cup the people would rather prefer brazil than netherlands. Also brazil has more fans than netherlands.
And if you look at the current FIFA World Ranking Spain and Germany in the first two places. Netherlands is not even in the top 10 in the current world rank.

btw i have already sent you the images with the fitting sizes (check your private messages).
ShineXXX
ShineXXX

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafling Mon May 05, 2014 10:08 am

The alpha version of "Warcraft Soccer World Cup edition" is ready.

It's called 7.47a0.7 (not very inspiring, but it's my first try).

There are four nations to choose from - Netherlands and Germany as peasants, Spain and Brazil as peons.

To view changes in this version, click here.

More changes:
- new loading screen
- new minimap image with link to this forum
- curve mode where everything should be fixed now. G is the hotkey for curve. G once = left curve, G twice (double-press) is right curve.

Expect bugs & glitches with:

- Nation voting at start. To be more specific, voting for peons may start only after voting for peasants has ended. Tell me what kind of delay you experience before you can vote as peons (in multiplayer, not singleplayer).

- switch command has received quite a few improvements. However, none are guaranteed to work. Here's the list:
**Now switching with players who left should be possible.
**Also switching when you only specify part of nickname (eg. -switch organ ado will switch morgan with gado) should be possible.
**Also switching with players who have already been switched before should be possible.

Dafling

Back to top Go down

Post by GaDo1 Mon May 05, 2014 11:15 am

Ooohh, Dafling, you're a beast.
Can't wait to try the alpha version!

GaDo1

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineXXX Mon May 05, 2014 4:06 pm

awesome, man!  Very Happy 

You could call it "Warcraft FIFA World Cup 2014" instead of "7.47a0.7"
ShineXXX
ShineXXX

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafling Tue May 06, 2014 8:32 am

Dafling

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineXXX Tue May 06, 2014 5:02 pm

my notes about the alpha version:

1. Could it be that the delay on the hotkeys is less or something else? Is this intended? Feels kinda different, but also kinda nice Very Happy
2. The Ingame preview picture is still the old one.
3. The loadingscreen doesnt look very sharp. Is it still ok for everyone?
4. In the game info (F9) the text about the community says " Official Website: N/A " - we can mention our current forum now.
5. In the credits of the game info (F9) it still says "Thanks to all Clan KICK and Clan GOL Member..."
6. Is it maybe possible also to adapt the according name of the different teams in the score table where it says "Peasant 0 : Peons 0"? So that it would be "Netherlands 0 : Brazil 0" for example
7. Right Up in the corner it says v7.46 (next to the shown timer). Maybe we should put something like "WC 2014" instead?
8. Sounds needed: I was thinking of whistle and cheering sounds, especially when scoring a goal. Aswell as some kind of background music like this (Samba de Janeiro (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmnBCbqsrL8), and maybe a golazo shout when scoring a goal like this "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqL2cx0ZFLY#t=0m36s" ? What do you think?
9. Moreover: What do you think about putting some kind of fence (maybe vladimir has to model it) around the pitch, so that we can put some units behind as spectators?
10. Another idea: When i talked with ultrapro about the new ball for the world cup which is called "brazuca" he had the idea, also to make a ball model of this brazuca for this version.

The rest seems to work fine (national team votings, right players names). Even the keepers have the right names, so gj Smile
ShineXXX
ShineXXX

Back to top Go down

Post by vladimir3388 Tue May 06, 2014 7:52 pm

Morgan, would you please read your email I sent you at sunday, so I can actually start making some graphics? Smile Talking about your gmail with your real name where I was sending you stuff 2 years ago. Check spam/junk if needed.

vladimir3388

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafling Wed May 07, 2014 10:13 am

vladimir3388 wrote:Morgan, would you please read your email I sent you at sunday, so I can actually start making some graphics? :)Talking about your gmail with your real name where I was sending you stuff 2 years ago. Check spam/junk if needed.
Hey, I assume there are 2 maps - the one u sent to shine (with low quality and low size jerseys) and the other one with high quality and big size jerseys.
Send me both maps so I can look for myself.
Netherlandish jersey seems like a good starting point, because it's all orange, probably the easiest jersey to make of all other countries.  Very Happy 

Dafling

Back to top Go down

Post by GaDo1 Wed May 07, 2014 10:02 pm

Map is finally up on the bot!
Feel free to host it frequently now!

GaDo1

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineXXX Thu May 08, 2014 4:55 pm

you mean the alpa test version is on the bot, right?
ShineXXX
ShineXXX

Back to top Go down

Post by GaDo1 Thu May 08, 2014 5:49 pm

you mean the alpa test version is on the bot, right? wrote:

Yes. xD Alpha test version is on the bot.

Some more suggestions from my side:

1. When picking national teams in the start of the game, I don't think both teams get enough time to choose, because once one side has chosen a national team, the other team immediately (seems like it) gets a default national team, that happens to be the first on the list. Ex. Netherlands for Peasants and Spain for Peons. Make it so that game starts when both teams have chosen their teams!

2. -xv could be default, as people always enable it every game.

All I have for now. Smile

GaDo1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafling Fri May 09, 2014 7:23 am

Ok, I fixed this voting bug. Weird, because it didnt occur in single player but it does in multiplayer even if you play alone.

I also did shine's suggestions 1-7 and gado's 1-2.

Perhaps we could add 2 more nations for next alpha, what do u think? Preferably the countries that will likely play against each other or against currently available nations in knockout stage.

I like the sounds idea, could definitely bring back whistles and cheers.

Background song - not sure about it, I like this one much better Wink
If you want me to add golazo sounds i need them in mp3 or wav.

Fence around the pitch, you say? How about bring back banners? ;)they will act as fence and we could also make some money from ads Very Happy 
Spectators - yeah, we could also dress them in national team jerseys (LOL!) or give them national flags!

New ball - hmm, it reminds of how noone wanted to play with new ball in 2011, even though we tried to make as close to old ball as possible. You want to try again?  Laughing

PS. BTW, shine, give me the map that vlad sent you with old jerseys.

Dafling

Back to top Go down

Post by vladimir3388 Fri May 09, 2014 10:23 am

Who's the admin here? I'm not able to post external links yet : Crying or Very sad 

vladimir3388

Back to top Go down

Post by GaDo1 Fri May 09, 2014 10:56 am

I am! Why can't you do it? Surprised

GaDo1

Back to top Go down

Post by vladimir3388 Fri May 09, 2014 11:01 am

Dunno, it says it's because I'm member for less than 7 days. Can you unblock that shit somehow or I'll have to wait until tomorrow?

vladimir3388

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next