Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curve question

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Curve question Empty Curve question

Post by Dafling Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:59 pm

Hey there, as some of you know I had been working on implementing "curved ball" feature recently.

How it works:
There are 2 control keys - Q and E, which mean left (Q) and right (E) curve. But they do not directly cause the curved pass/shot, you still have to use C for that. In other words, by pressing Q/E you inform the game that you want your next C to be curved.

So I have a question about curve mechanics. I choose from 2 options.
1) The curve angle (the angle by which C will curve) is always the same, for example 20 or 30 degrees.
2) Player can set his own curve angle, for example by spamming Q for a few seconds, which will increase angle for left curve.
This is how it's currently implemented actually, each pressing of Q or E increases angle of curve for 10 degrees, but it also fades quickly, by 10 degrees every second (more precisely, by 1 degree every 0.1 sec). So even if you spam Q 3 times, it might only amount to something like 25 degrees (less than 30) because it takes you some time to spam it. There is also a limit of 30 or 35 degrees beyond which you cannot curve the ball, like in real life.

Which option do you prefer?

Dafling

Back to top Go down

Curve question Empty Re: Curve question

Post by ultrapro Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:42 pm

I vote 2) But if i press Q+Q+Q+E+E... it would be not that logical.
Maybe you should make it 5-10-20? 25 is too much. Ball flight lasts ~4 seconds. 4x25=100. It will be flying almost backwards.

ultrapro

http://infobar.hsdn.org/ru/image/240x15.gif

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafling Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:52 pm

ultrapro wrote:Maybe you should make it 5-10-20? 25 is too much. Ball flight lasts ~4 seconds. 4x25=100. It will be flying almost backwards.
The curving of the ball takes place within the first 1.5-2 seconds of the flight. I think this is like in real life.
No, it won't be 100, would be 25 distributed over the first few seconds of the flight.

ultrapro wrote:I vote 2) But if i press Q+Q+Q+E+E... it would be not that logical.
When the C is already flying, it doesn't matter what you press (Q or E), because they are intended to be used before you do C.

Dafling

Back to top Go down

Post by ultrapro Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:16 pm

"When the C is already flying, it doesn't matter what you press (Q or E), because they are intended to be used [b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(107, 107, 107); line-height: 18.1875px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"]before[/b] you do C."
Thats it. You must press q+q+q+e+e to make it 5* before c. You haven't answered to the noticement as I was meaning.

ultrapro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafling Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:57 pm

ultrapro wrote:Thats it. You must press q+q+q+e+e to make it 5* before c. You haven't answered to the noticement as I was meaning.[/color]
I'm going to abbreviate degrees to d, since it's used a lot here.
If you want to make 5d curve, press Q once (which is 10d), then wait for 0.5 sec (it will fade to 5d) , then make C.
If you want 15d curve, do double Q and again wait 0.5 sec and then C. And so forth.
(In fact pressing double Q and then pressing C and aiming it should already take ~0.5 sec so there's no need to wait here at all I guess.)

Dafling

Back to top Go down

Post by ultrapro Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:19 pm

That makes this operation very hard and unpredictable. Maybe you should make decrease 5 degrees/second? And does this work if i use before i get the ball?

ultrapro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafling Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:22 pm

ultrapro wrote:And does this work if i use before i get the ball?
Yes.
ultrapro wrote:That makes this operation very hard and unpredictable. Maybe you should make decrease 5 degrees/second?
Hmm, interesting idea. Yes, this would make it more predictable/controllable.
(For those who don't get the discussion - we are talking about how fast the curve decay should be, 5 or 10 degrees per second.)
Something between 5 and 10 could also work, for example 7.

Dafling

Back to top Go down

Post by ultrapro Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:28 pm

Maybe it should be a hotkey which annuls the degree value?

ultrapro

Back to top Go down

Curve question Empty Magics is sexy as fuck

Post by Magicsisthebestaround Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:39 pm

I would like this

Magicsisthebestaround

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafling Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:52 pm

ultrapro wrote:Maybe it should be a hotkey which annuls the degree value?
Let's consider the options.
For example, if it's 28d left (player pressed 3 times Q which took him half a second).

Then he presses E once. What can happen to curve angle:
1) 18l (because it's 28 minus 10)
2) 0d (curve angle reset)
3) 10r (curve angle is reset, and 10d right is added)

Dafling

Back to top Go down

Post by ultrapro Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:52 pm

I vote 3)

ultrapro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafling Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:57 pm

One more thing: if a C is rather short, should this have an impact on curving of the ball? Pretty sure it should. For example, if C is launched at 1/2 of its normal range, could decrease the curving angle by 50 % as well.

Dafling

Back to top Go down

Post by ultrapro Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:09 pm

Agree

ultrapro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafling Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:44 am

I need 2 icons for Q/E.
Left curve, and right curve.
Who is pro in image editing here? Smile

Dafling

Back to top Go down

Post by ultrapro Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:16 am

Doesnt vladimir still help you?

ultrapro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafling Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:40 pm

I actually had an idea just now: when you make curved C, maybe the curve angle should be shown only to allies, but not the enemies?
This would simplify/encourage teamwork, since your teammates would know where the ball is gonna curve a few seconds before they'd have to be on it.

Dafling

Back to top Go down

Post by ultrapro Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:56 pm

Maybe enmies should see the direction? This wil make it more real. And allies -not exact value.

ultrapro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafling Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:04 pm

ultrapro wrote:Maybe enmies should see the direction? This wil make it more real. And allies -not exact value.
Hm. But it's possible to predict the curve direction by watching where the player goes to catch the C. Also, ball starts curving fairly early, maybe about 0.5 sec after C was made, so you'll have plenty of time to adjust your position accordingly (to counter the curved C)..

Dafling

Back to top Go down

Post by ultrapro Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:26 pm

ive got another question. How to make c-goals enabled but veeery hard made without changin gameplay at all? Maybe he should jump? Then if c+v 1-player goL keeper jumps redirects(not enstrenghths) ball to closest ally with c-speed. Or he should be doin it in promode. What do you htink about it?

ultrapro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafling Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:05 am

ultrapro wrote:ive got another question. How to make c-goals enabled but veeery hard made without changin gameplay at all?  Maybe he should jump? Then if c+v 1-player goL keeper jumps redirects(not enstrenghths) ball to closest ally with c-speed.  Or he should be doin it in promode. What do you htink about it?
At the moment I'm not thinking of enabling C goals. But in keeper mode they are already enabled.
Yeah, the problem is it's hard to balance them, such as with keeper jumps .. But then keeper jumps will change the gameplay a lot, eg. make V+X goals nearly impossible etc.

Dafling

Back to top Go down

Post by ultrapro Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:21 am

Vx? Nah. U do vx keeper redirects to u and u catch+z. Dats easy for notnewbies. Or U do early vx leading it to auto v goal. Same as with c+v goal. What about keeper mode-playin for keepers is too borin atm. So never enabled in any game including tournaments. Mb in keeper mode keeper should have x and be faster 2 times? Or z idk to make it interesting.
Pa. Sry cant idit mistakes.

ultrapro

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineXXX Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:55 pm

i think its worth to test this new feature.

1. i vote for 2) about being able to control the degree of your c by spamming q or e
2. i vote for 1) about decreasing the degree for example when you press three times q and then once e
3. why the f*** did you choose the hotkeys q and e ... my hands dont lay near these keys at soccer... why dont you add for example T (left) and U (right) instead?

just for your imagination - im used to play soccer with that upper z on my keyboard...

Curve question Qwertz
ShineXXX
ShineXXX

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafling Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:36 pm

ShineXXX, don't you use -z2y to switch Z hotkey to Y? It's intended to be natural for your hand that way.

Dafling

Back to top Go down

Post by ultrapro Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:50 pm

In some way hes right. maybe it should be S=pass d=leftcurve and f=rc? or s-d are left-right curve and f=pass? then its comfortable to use C+s/d

ultrapro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafling Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:37 pm

I am going to change curve hotkeys to D/F. If people don't like it in 7.46a, we can still change hotkeys in 7.46b and so forth.

"pass to me ability" will have a new hotkey of B. (also G was proposed).
And of course french V (F) and -fakie will be conflicting with this. This is a trade-off which I think we can afford, because fakie or french V are rarely used, and they're not "critical" abilities.

But this stuff will only be in -curve mode, by default Pass to me will retain its D hotkey, and fakie would still be usable.

Dafling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next